Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Water Filter Campaign 2013


At the end of April, with the help of generous supporters, Adopt a Village in Laos achieved its target of 200 water filters, each one of which will soon provide a rural village family of up to eight people with clean water for drinking and washing.

This morning I received an email from Steve Rutledge, the founder and president of this small Canadian charity with which I volunteer, where he stated that he was venturing onto his next target for water filters. In this new campaign, he is hoping to secure 300 units.

To help him achieve his goal, I will be presenting one of the owners of Sabai Sabai with a beautifully framed version of the above poster on the evening of Saturday, May 4. On that particular night, I will be celebrating my fifty-first birthday with a small group of friends at this fabulous and busy Lao-owned Thai restaurant in the heart of my home city of Toronto. Along with the water filter brochures, this display will help raise awareness for the charity itself and hopefully encourage donations for this new campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment